1. What Major League Baseball team has the best Opening Day record: New York Yankees, New York Mets or Los Angeles Dodgers?
ANSWER: New York Mets, with a 30-and-17 Opening Day record
2. How long is the average life span of a Major League baseball -- seven pitches, 11 pitches or 18 pitches?
ANSWER: seven pitches
3. True or false? No player in Major League history has ever hit two grand slams in a single game from opposite sides of the plate?
ANSWER: False. Bill Mueller did it in 2003
4. Only two Major League players have hit 70 or more home runs in a single season. Who are they?
ANSWER: Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire
5. What Major League team scored a record 30 runs in one game in 2007?
ANSWER: The Texas Rangers
6. What did Babe Ruth wear under his hat to keep cool: a cabbage leaf, ice cubes, or frozen deli meat?
ANSWER: A cabbage leaf, which he changed every two innings
7. What year did Nolan Ryan set a record by striking out 383 batters: 1971, 1972 or 1973?
8. Joe DiMaggio holds the Major League record for the longest hitting streak. How many consecutive games did he record a hit?
10. Why was there no World Series in 1994: earthquake, players' strike or wildfires?
ANSWER: Players' strike
11. Former president George W. Bush was a part owner of what Major League team?
ANSWER: Texas Rangers
11. Which one of the following teams has never won a World Series: Houston Astros, Cleveland Indians or Pittsburgh Pirates?
ANSWER: Houston Astros
12. The new Yankee Stadium opens today -- April 3rd, 2009. What year did the old Yankee Stadium first open?
13. True or false? The top ticket price for a single game at the new Yankee Stadium is more than 26-hundred dollars?
14. What Major League Baseball team lost 23 consecutive games in 1961: St. Louis Cardinals, Minnesota Twins or Philadelphia Phillies?
ANSWER: Philadelphia Phillies
15. True or false? As an Opening Day stunt in 1961, the Chicago Cubs employed little people as drink vendors at Wrigley Field.
ANSWER: True. Cubs' ownership figured the dwarfs wouldn't block the view of the field as they sold their beverages. However, the idea backfired because the trays were too heavy for them.