98 Rock “Pigskin Payout”
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Sacramento, LLC d/b/a KRXQ 98 Rock (“Station”) except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general rules are available at the Station’s studio at 5345 Madison Ave, Sacramento, CA 95841 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.krxq.net. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
2. To enter, go to www.krxq.net and click on the link for the “Pigskin Payout” from our homepage or Contest page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, email address, phone number and confirmation that you are 18 years of age or older. You will also have option to have your Facebook profile pre-load applicable portions of the entry form but having a Facebook account is not required to enter this contest. You will also be required to create a free account with the game administrator, Upickem.
3. Entry into this contest opens on September 3rd at 10 am PST and closes on February 2, 2014 at 2 p.m. (“Contest Period”).
4. Each Contest Week in this contest will be a separate contest. However, these rules will apply to all Contest Weeks. A Contest Week means Monday by 11:00 p.m. PST through the immediately following Monday at 5 p.m. PST each week. For playoff weeks, the Contest Week runs from Monday at 11pm PST through 15 minutes prior to each game. To participate in each week’s contest, you will need to visit your account at any time after Monday at 11 p.m. and prior to 15 minutes before the last listed game of that week to make your picks for that week. You must select the team for each listed game for that week that you believe will be the winner of each pro football regular season and playoff season game and predict the score for the winning and losing teams for the designated tie-breaker game for that week. If you fail to select a winner for any listed game during any of the Contest Weeks, your pick (called a “Fan Pick”) will be the team that was selected by the majority of ALL participants that participate that week and your answer to any tie-breaker questions will be the average of the respective scores selected by ALL participants. “ALL participants” means all participants who use the Upickem software for the 2014 football pick’em game nationally, not just the entrants of this Station contest. Entrants will have no right to dispute or contest that selection by the computer for any reason. However, any entrant with “Fan Picks” is not eligible to win if he/she fails to manually select a winner for more than one game in a given week.
5. You can make changes to your picks until 15 minutes before the applicable game.
How to Win
7. If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game.
8. In the event of a tie for a weekly prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants using the tied entrants answer to the tie-breaker question for that week: (a) the score from the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score from the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the weekly winner.
9. If a tie remains after the tiebreaker round, the winner will be chosen at random from amongst those still tied.
The Prize (s)
Other Specific Rules Applicable to This Contest
13. For entertainment purposes only, one or more Station employees may talk about their picks and/or how they are doing in this contest. Such employees may appear on the Stats pages as entrants in this contest and/or winners or leaders in this contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will any Station employee be an eligible participant in this contest and shall not be entitled to win any prizes in this contest. In the event that a Station employee is selected by the UPICKEM software as a winner, he/she shall be deemed ineligible and Station will manually award the entrant with the highest score (as set forth above) to be a weekly winner in this contest.
14. All times are local Sacramento time (Pacific Standard Time). Must be 18 or older and legal resident of California resident on date of entry.
15. In addition to the rights granted to Station in the general contest rules, by entering this contest, entrants grant to Upickem and its affiliates the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with this Contest. Upickem and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law
16. The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, Upickem, Inc., and/or its affiliates. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited
18. Employees of Upickem and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest.ible.
19. This Contest is not intended to be used for gambling purposes. If it is determined that a participant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified.