98 ROCK’S 27 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS/2012
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Sacramento, LLC d/b/a KRXQ (“Station” or “KRXQ”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 5345 Madison Ave, Sacramento, CA 95841 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at KRXQ.net. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How To Enter
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
2. Beginning Wednesday, October 31, 2012 and ending on December 4, 2012 at 12 p.m., you can enter this contest in any one or more of the following four ways (see Section 3 for details of what must be included in each entry in order to be considered):
a) Via email to email@example.com (link to this email address available through www.krxq.net);
b) Via mail to “98 Rock’s 27 Days of Christmas” c/o KRXQ-98 Rock 5345 Madison Ave Sacramento, CA 95841;
c) Hand deliver your wish entry to the 98 Rock offices at 5345 Madison Ave Sacramento during our regular business hours, by handing it to our receptionist or leaving it in the contest entry lock box, and/or
d) Via fax to fax # 916-339-4274.
No other modes of entry will be included for consideration in this contest (i.e. Station will not accept verbal wishes in person or over the phone).
3. All entries MUST include the following information: entrant’s name, address, daytime, evening and (if available) cell phone number and an explanation of the “Wish” the entrant would like to have granted. There is no limit on the length of the explanation (although Station is not obligated to read it all nor read the same amount of different entries) nor any specific format to be used to provide this information. Any entry that is missing any of the foregoing information will be disqualified by Station in its sole and absolute discretion (determined by Station on a case by case basis). THE EARLIER YOU ENTER THE GREATER THE POSSIILITY THAT STATION MAY SELECT YOUR WISH TO GRANT. Information provided in essays/explanations need not be truthful and Station has no obligation and does not intend to verify any such information; however, in the event that the falsity of any such information makes the award of any prize in this contest unusable (in whole or in part), winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize (in Station’s sole discretion), such prize will remain the property of the Station, and such winner shall not be entitled to any alternative prize nor cash value of any forfeited prize.
4. The “Wish” may be a request for the benefit of the entrant themselves or for someone else or a group of people. The “Wish” may be for a good(s), service(s), or opportunity. The “Wish” can be for a “Need” or even a selfish “Greed” wish.
5. By entering this contest, entrants certify that any information contained in the essay/explanation does not contain any defamatory or indecent material. By submitting an entry in this contest, each entrant authorizes the Station to post such essay and/or entrant’s name to the Station’s website or to read it on-air in whole or in part. Station reserves the right to edit an entry in its sole discretion. Not all entries will be posted to the Station’s website and/or read on-air and in the event that Station posts or read any such entry it does not mean that such entry has won or may be selected to win any prize in this contest.
6. IT IS THE ENTRANT’S RESPONSIBILITY PRIOR TO ENTERING THIS CONTEST TO OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF THE BENEFICIARY(IES) OR OTHER PERSONS TO STATION READING/POSTING THE ENTRANTS’S ESSAY WITH RESPECT TO THE BENEFICIARY(IES) OR OTHER PERSON’S NAME AND OR OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMINEE OR OTHER PERSON THAT ENTRANT MAY ELECT TO INCLUDE IN SUCH ESSAY. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS STATION AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM BY ANY PERSONS RELATING TO THE CONTENT OF THE ESSAY SUBMITTED BY THE ENTRANT.
7. By entering this contest, Entrants understand and agree that Station may elect to use any entry submitted for entertainment purposes and may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any entry submitted. Entrants waive any right to make any claim against Station or any contest sponsors with respect to any comments – disparaging or otherwise – made regarding such Entrant’s entry.
How To Win
8. From time to time between November 7, 2012 and December 4, 2012, KRXQ will select at least one entrant and grant his/her requested “wish”, subject to the restrictions contained in these contest rules and verification of eligibility. Submitting your entry earlier may increase the chance that your wish will be selected. The Station will subjectively determine which and how many “Wishes” to grant and the criteria used by Station to make such selection(s) will be wholly at the discretion of KRXQ on an entry-by-entry basis. ALL SELECTED ENTRANTS/POTENTIAL WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED BY DECEMBER 27, 2012.
9. If any entry is selected, the “Wish” will only be awarded if KRXQ is able to contact the entrant by telephone at the precise time selected by KRXQ to attempt to award the Wish. If KRXQ is unable to reach the entrant live at the time that KRXQ elects to attempt to contact the entrant, KRXQ will be under no obligation whatsoever to grant the Wish or award any prize. Calls from entrants to KRXQ (even if as a result of an answering machine message left by KRXQ or returning a call based on caller ID or similar technology) WILL NOT result in the entrant being awarded any prize – neither will the fact that such entrants name and/or wish was announced on-air. KRXQ reserves the right in its sole discretion and on a case-by-case basis to decide whether or not to grant a “Wish” to a selected entrant who was not available live by telephone when KRXQ attempted to contact him/her. KRXQ also reserves the right (but is not obligated) to attempt to contact a selected entrant on one or more occasions or on one or more phone lines and will NOT be required to contact all selected entrants the same number of times. KRXQ reserves the right to not award and keep any “Wish” prizes that are not awarded in accordance with the foregoing.
10. KRXQ will not be required to grant an awarded “Wish” precisely as requested in the entry. KRXQ reserves the right to substitute prize items and/or provide more or less or different prize items than the Wish entry requested, in KRXQ’s sole discretion.
11. Prizes to be awarded will vary based on the Wish submitted, the desire of KRXQ to provide some/all of the requested Wish and subject to Section 8 above.
12. Prize will be awarded to the selected entrant who is awarded a “Wish” unless the “Wish” was requested for someone else, in which case the prize will only be awarded to the beneficiary of the “Wish”, as determined by Station (in its sole discretion). In the event that the beneficiary(ies) of the “Wish” refused to complete the necessary forms required by KRXQ (including, without limitation, acknowledgement of responsibility for taxes and/or liability release agreements) or refused the prize on any grounds or fails to collect the prize or complete the forms by the deadline required by KRXQ, the “Wish” will not be awarded – not even to the selected entrant themselves, unless otherwise decided by KRXQ in its sole discretion on a case by case basis. In the event that the entrant is the beneficiary, the terms of this paragraph will also apply in the event of failure to complete documents, timely fulfilling Station/prize requirements or rejecting/refusing the prize.
13. Specific restrictions regarding awarded prizes will be provided, if applicable, to the selected entrant or beneficiary. Any prizes offered in this contest will be subject to the general prize restrictions set forth in the Station’s general contest rules, unless otherwise specifically communicated in writing to the actual winner regarding their specific prize.
14. Goods, Services and opportunities are provided in “as is” condition. Station is not liable for the condition or quality of the prize provided.
15. All sales receipts from the purchase or trade of items given away during “The 27 Days of Christmas” remain the property of KRXQ.
16. The retail value of any prizes awarded will vary depending on what “wishes” are actually awarded. However, the Station does not anticipate that the value of any granted wish in this contest will be less than $1.00 or more than $4,000.00. Winner will be responsible for any applicable taxes based the actual retail value of any wish awarded and accepted in accordance with these rules.
17. Other than to beneficiaries awarded prizes in accordance with these contest rules, no transfers of any prizes in this contest are permitted.
18. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Sacramento, LLC, and Roseville Hyundai.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
19. Contest open to legal California, Nevada and Alaska State residents 18 and older as of the date of entry into the contest. Beneficiaries who are under the age of 18 will be required to have their parent or legal guardian co-execute all documents required in connection with this contest and failure to do so in a timely manner will result in automatic disqualification and any prize will be forfeited. For all purposes under these rules, the parent or legal guardian will be recognized as the actual winner of any prize awarded in this contest for tax purposes.
20. If an entrant submits an entry for the benefit of any other person, the “winner” is deemed to be the beneficiary and the entrants are not entitled to any prize in this contest, even if their entry was selected as the winning entry and/or their nominee rejects the prize or cannot be located.